We are excited to welcome attendees from around the globe to the Nonfiction Writers Conference. One of the sessions offered to all attendees is a special virtual networking event. Attendees can join by video (or phone) and participate in facilitated small group discussions in private virtual breakout rooms on Zoom. These events are a HUGE HIT with attendees! (Even introverts enjoy this special event. We promise!)
How it Works
Attendees are randomly assigned to virtual breakout rooms with up to six writers. Each person gets up to two minutes to introduce yourself and answer these questions:
- Where are you located?
- What do you write about? Or, if you’re not a writer, what services do you offer?
- Where are you in the publishing process? Are you writing your first manuscript? Have you published one book or many?
- What book titles do you have available, if any?
- Who is your target audience?
Following introductions, each participant gets up to 8 minutes to present a question, challenge, or issue and allow the others in your group to assist with brainstorming. Here are some sample questions you might ask:
- I’m working on marketing my book about X. What strategies have worked for you?
- I need suggestions for editors/designers/publishers/marketing services/web designers/assistants. Who do you recommend?
- I’m struggling to define a target audience for my book about X. Any ideas for me?
- I’d like to find speaking opportunities for my book about X. Any suggestions for me?
These brainstorm sessions are fun and helpful. You might be surprised by how much you learn from the questions and challenges of fellow attendees! Keep in mind it’s important to use your time wisely. Time passes quickly so plan ahead with a question you’d like to ask and leave enough time for your peers to respond. And when offering advice to others, please be mindful of time and avoid dominating the meeting. Every participant should get a fair chance to participate.
This extended conference session is modeled after the Author Brainstorm Exchange, virtual mastermind groups held monthly for Authority and VIP members of the Nonfiction Authors Association. These groups are wildly popular with members and NFWC participants.
All experience levels are welcome! Whether you’re writing your first manuscript or have many books to your credit, you have something to contribute. And though you aren’t required to be on camera, it is recommended for an optimum experience.
Note that this is the ONLY session at NFWC where all participants can be on camera. For all other sessions, attendees are off-screen and only the speakers are featured on camera. We look forward to sharing this experience with you!
You must be a registered attendee of the Nonfiction Writers Conference to participate.