Why most authors fail horribly at promoting their book and how to get traction
You already know that when you’re “done” writing, the work to promote is just beginning. You might have your book tour, speaking, guest interviews, related articles you’re publishing, and whatever else to drive awareness and sales.
Facebook is your secret weapon via the “dollar a day” strategy to promote your book.
And then we’ll show how you can convert this to consulting gigs, paid speaking opportunities, and greater exposure.
- Learn how to target the people who work at the media to get more coverage.
- We’ll walk through the 6 phases of “digital plumbing” so your website, Facebook page, and email list are working properly.
- See why one-minute videos are key to exposure– and the 4 parts to a successful one-minute video.
- We’ll share the exact process top-selling authors use to launch their books, including a peek at their digital campaigns and Facebook pages.
- Get access to the checklists that young adults (mainly college students) have been executing for authors, even low budget.
Learn about how to make the Facebook algorithm work to your advantage.
About Dennis Yu
Dennis Yu is the Chief Technology Officer of BlitzMetrics, a digital marketing company which partners with schools to train young adults.
Dennis’s program centers around mentorship, helping students grow their expertise to manage social campaigns for enterprise clients like The Golden State Warriors, Nike, and Rosetta Stone.
He’s an internationally recognized lecturer in Facebook Marketing and has spoken in 17 countries, spanning 5 continents, including keynotes at L2E, PubCon, Conversion Conference, Gultaggen, and Marketo Summit.
Dennis has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, LA Times, National Public Radio, TechCrunch, Fox News, CBS Evening News and co-authored “Facebook Nation” – a textbook taught in over 700 colleges and universities.
He’s a regular contributor to Adweek’s SocialTimes column and is published in Social Media Examiner, Social Media Club, Tweak Your Biz, B2C, SocialFresh, and Heyo.
Dennis has held leadership positions at Yahoo! and American Airlines and studied Finance and Economics at Southern Methodist University and London School of Economics. He ran collegiate cross-country at SMU and has competed in over 20 marathons including a 70-mile ultramarathon.
Besides being a Facebook data and ad geek, you can find him eating chicken wings or playing Ultimate Frisbee in a city near you.
Connect with Dennis